Created from volcanic rock, Gitzo utilizes basalt to produce fibers for tripods of exceptional performance, stability, and durability. The crude material is pulverized, melted at 2732°F (1500°C), and spun into a strong fiber which is used to create multi-layer composite tubing. The result is a lightweight, vibration-absorbing tube of exceptional performance that meets and exceeds the demands of today’s professional photographers.
- Basalt Composite Leg Tubes
- Basalt composite is thermally non-conductive, stronger than aluminum alloy, but weighs 20% less
- Leveling Column
- Ideal for use with fluid heads for video applications, the leveling column provides up to 15° of tilt for simple, rapid setups
- Anti-Rotation Leg (ALR) System
- The Anti-Rotation Leg (ALR) system makes it quick and easy to open and close the tripod. Simply turn all of the locking rings at once, and the whole leg can be pulled out in seconds.
- Leg Stops
- Preset leg hinge stops allow the legs to be set individually at 24°, 55° and 90° angles
- Spring-Loaded Retractable Hook
- A spring-loaded retractable hook on the bottom of the center column provides a place to hang stabilizing counterweights
- Advanced Leveling System with 2 spirit levels
- Large Bubble sphere for smooth movement and accurate locking
- Large locking knob with friction control
- Separate Panoramic lock
- Redesigned quick release system